And then you have kids.
These are the things I do now that my pre-kid self would have made judgemental comments about:
- I buy William shoes that light up when he walks
- I get a million dollar bounce house/water slide for every birthday party
- I cut the crust off every GD sandwhich I make for them
- I ask what they want for lunch rather than serving whatever it is I feel like making
- They have nicer sheets than I do
- I buy an Icee for them every. single. time. we go to Target so that I can shop in peace
- I don't enforce jackets or sweaters because if they are cold it's their problem. I can't fight about that.
- I let them keep worms and snails as pets in tupperware. In my house.
- I say, "I'm busy, go turn on the TV for a few minutes until I'm finished" - gasp!!
- I am the mom who acts as if my kids are quiet and perfect as I continue to look at the shelves and push the carriage at the store when in fact they are arguing and fighting
I wish I could go back and slap my pre-kid self. I was such a bitch.
What are some things you do that you said you never would?