Today was filled with little things that just tickled me. I'm really not often negative and I make an effort everyday to see things positively. It better pay off - this optimism I have - 'cause some days it requires a lot of energy. Anyway, today I just happened to see lots of little things that really could have turned my day around had it been not going well. A nice reminder that it really is the little things that make a difference sometimes.
1. I turned the heater on in the car this morning.
2. I thought I had no gum left but then alas! I found one at the bottom of my pocketbook. It was even in it's wrapper with no crumbs attached. Gross, but true.
3. It was cloudy and cool outside which allowed me to crawl under a blanket this afternoon with no guilt. I have no idea why that is but on cool, rainy, or cloudy days it's ok to snuggle in during the day and not think twice about it. In fact, that's what you should be doing.
4. I dreaded my circuit training class tonight because the instructor often plays the Bee Gees and it makes me want to vomit. Tonight she played some awesome, loud music that 20 year olds listen to at clubs and it made the workout go by so much faster.
5. I went to Target today and (amongst a shitload of other stuff) bought William a pair of shoes that he likes! and bought Drew a new toothbrush that she likes! and got out of there without Lauren throwing a fit!
6. Lastly, I got to listen to Drew read to me tonight. We read often together but tonight was different. She sat over there rather than over here. She wanted to sound out the words she may not know on her own and have control of the reading situation. Not only did she do such a fantastic job but her choice of book is the best ever.
I know you don't believe me but I swear this book was a gift and she chose to read it.
Love those little things, don't you?